Thursday, October 18, 2007

User Surveys - I would like advice please

I'm interested if anyone has any advice about using and building a survey tool, to measure user satisfaction with software. I'm mainly interested in this being online and browser independant.

If anyone has advice about how to construct a user survey, both on what questions to ask, and what technology to use to construct it, this would be very helpful. This is for my PhD research to help me with my conclusion.

I want to measure how people might use software such as this -

Flash Taxonomy - http://www.cems.uwe.ac.uk/~phale/ELearning/ELearningDemonstration1.htm.

SVG Diagrammatic Viewer -
http://www.cems.uwe.ac.uk/~phale/ELearning/ELearningDemonstration2.htm.

I also want to establish and how developers might reuse the code (I want to encoureage this).

If anyone has any advice on this matter or, survey tools to recommend, or survey examples I can look at and link to, I would greatly appreciate advice.

I would like comments to this post or emails to peter2.hale@uwe.ac.uk.

Thank you

I'm developing a survey on usability, I don't think it's quite right yet, but I would still welcome anyone using it to leave feedback on my research topic (or about the survey) - Click Here to take part in a usability survey, and support my PhD research, for anyone who does not want to remain anonymous, I would be pleased to take an interest in their research.

No comments: