Friday, November 23, 2012

Web Design and Web Application ASP.net

I'm on 2 courses Web design where I'm using Adobe Fireworks and Dreamweaver CS5, and Web Applications where I'm using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.

My prototyoes are based on my membership of the Bristol Active Life Project (BALP) which assists people with their mental and physical health through exercise activities. These activities for example are for example Football, Walking, Badminton, Tennis, Indoor Cricket.

My aims are first to submit my coursework, for both courses this is due this month. Then my next aim will be to create a design website, and an ASP.net data driven website mockup to be publicly accessible. Then I will link the 2 websites.

Below is an example that shows the Data driven website Mockup, this links to a database (it will need a login when fully implemented). This allows the user to choose options to 'follow', then resulting in 1 or more sub pages (panels) becoming visible. So the website is just 1 page but this page will show different content according to the wishes of the user. Then also this page will link to different more detailed design pages that I'll create for the web design course according to which options the user has checked.

Below is the first stage of the Data driven mockup. This is linked to a SQL Server database.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice blog! I am so impressed by the info that you've in this website. Thanks for share.

Web Designer in UK

Web Design Portland said...

Relevant website designing information. People often seeks such information and I believe that this is the best discussion on the topic. Web Design Portland

Wendie Vincent said...

Interesting stuff! The information you've provided here is a great help for web designers who are having trouble with ASP.net. Anyway, have you tried using Photoshop for web design? Photoshop is very handy and very easy to use. It has neat features and you'll be able to modify every element for your website.

Nathanial Heim said...

Hello, Peter! I'm so impressed on how you devised a way to make your website become functional on ASP.net. Anyway, I'd like to second the motion on what Wendie told us here. Photoshop really is a useful tool for creating a professional web design for a site. Also, it can create us a logo and a banner that can serve as the branding for our website.

Web Designer said...

Youre so appropriate. Im there with you. Your blog is surely really worth a read if anyone comes all through it. Im fortunate I did since now Ive received a whole new view of this.