Monday, January 17, 2011

First Day Back At Vassall Centre - Social Media

I'm a volunteer at Vassall Centre and restarting for my first day of working part time whilst finishing my PhD Amendments.

This describes what Vassall Centre does, and our website is - http://www.vassallcentre.org/.

"The Vassall Centre Trust, a charity led by disabled people, is transforming a former military hospital in Bristol to make it fully accessible for people with all forms of impairment, to empower them and enable them to work on equal terms with non-disabled people. The fully accessible David Hiatt Baker Conference Centre is based within the Vassall Centre."

Vassall Centre

I'm working on web, and database. On my first day back today I'm creating a Yahoo Pipe of Vassall Centre related news. A good test for this will be that my Yahoo Pipe should bring in this Post as searched for by the tag Vassall.

Yahoo Pipes is a drag and drop way of mashing together RSS feeds, this enables searching, filtering and sorting of feeds via linked information source boxes and operators. This is interesting to me because it involved drag and drop programming without code, a key technology for my PhD.

http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/.

No comments: